Palfish - Moments...


Palfish is all about marketing yourself.

The easiest way to do this is to post plenty of 'Moments'.

These are a little like status updates, but the more visually appealing and interesting you can make them the better!

Moments ARE visible to parents and students if they find you on the kids app. so make the most of them.

They can easily scroll down all your previous moments to see what you've been up to! 

You can make three types of moments

  1. Picture and text moment
  2. Video moment
  3. Podcast moment

Personally I stick with the top two. I'd probably use number three more if I was marketing myself as a freetalk tutor for adults. 

The homescreen of your app will look a little something like this:

The top rainbow coloured moments symbol is where you will find all the moments you have posted, and where you can post new ones.

The grey coloured one in the toolbar down the bottom is where you can see everyone's moments - you can also post new moments through this tab as well. 

Here's what you will see if you click on the grey moments symbol:


The first couple of moments will be the latest ones posted, then there will be some recommended ones. Here's where you can follow other teachers and students. You can also 'like' and 'comment' on moments.  I recommend liking moments that you see, and following people, click here to see why. 


If I go back to my home page and click on the rainbow moments symbol it will show a screen like this:

Here I can see my most recent moments. 

If I click on one of them I can view the people that have liked or commented on it:


If I go back and click on the little pencil in the top right corner I can create my moment...
Here is where you get the three options. 

If you want to create a picture and text moment click option 1:
Write down what you want to say and press the +picture symbol to upload your photos:
Use emoji's in your description and make it interesting. It has been said you should post multiple photos to make this option more interesting, however my most popular moment was a single shot of my kid playing Mario Kart - as simple as that!




The second option is to post a video moment,  these are a GREAT way to attract attention from the sales team and head teachers (Both of whom will help you get BOOKINGS!). Video moments are great because people can see and hear you, which is a great indicator of what they will experience in the classroom!

They don't have to be complicated, you don't have to be in your classroom or wearing blue. My most popular video moment was one of me saying 'good morning' one Monday. That's it! It was played 77 times!
When creating your video moment it will look like this:
You need a title for your video and a short interesting description. Then press the video symbol at the bottom to upload your video. Keep them short and sweet otherwise they will take too long to load and parents may move on. 

A popular mentor made some funny movies using special effects and posted them, he swears that's what got him more bookings!

When I was first starting out it was recommended that we post at LEAST 3-5 moments a day. 

It's also important to post a variety, do a video moment, do a personal picture moment, do some educational moments about colours or numbers. Keep your posts interesting and varied. 

Keep them kid friendly! Someone told me to translate them into Chinese and post both English and Chinese text. I tried this but I had a lot of students contact me and ask if I spoke Chinese. I don't, so I stopped doing that. 

I don't think it matters when you post moments, but as with LIVES you will get more views during peak times. 

I'm super busy on Palfish now, but I still try to post regular moments, to keep my profile relevant and interesting,

Happy Teaching x


P.S. Every company offers a referral bonus - If you're interested in getting started and would like my help with the process drop me a line! 

Palfish referral code: 58910752 
SayABC referral code: EG63VF 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palfish - How to pass the interview...

Props!

Palfish - Pop-ups!