Covid-19 and Online Teaching

Well folks i've nearly hit my one year anniversary of Online Teaching.

What a year it's been!

In 2019 I was inspired by this new and exciting world where I could work from home and teach and earn a bit of extra change.

Truth be told I went a bit over the top.

I was working 5 nights a week. Which was never my intention when I started out. But the lure of reaching the next level on Palfish and earning those extra points pushed me.

As 2019 wound down I realised I needed to make some hard decisions about what was actually sustainable long term.

For me staying up 'till midnight 5 nights a week was not!

So I took two weeks off for Christmas - and then let my Friday and Saturday night students know I would be closing those nights down.

The transition was hard - some of my students didn't rebook with me.

But most did!

They were able to find a slot I could teach them on the Monday/Wednesday or Thursday night.

Towards the end of January we started hearing reports out of China about a strange new virus.

Corona hit the press.

It hit the kids I was teaching pretty hard - they didn't have it but from then until this day (April 1st) they haven't been at school.

It's really hard to talk to them about their day as you can see the disappointment in their eyes. Lot's of the lessons refer to their time at school as well - which means those lesson questions can be a bit awkward.

Despite all this, from my point of view with all the job losses and lack of work around there hasn't been any impact on my bookings because of this virus.

I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to work from home - safe and sound - and still earn money by doing what I love.

Thank you SayABC and Palfish for the opportunity!

'Till next time,

Happy Teaching x

Useful Links: 

SayABC Click Here

Palfish Click Here


P.S. Every company offers a referral bonus - If you're interested in getting started and would like my help with the process drop me a line! 


Palfish referral code: 58910752 
SayABC referral code: EG63VF 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palfish - How to pass the interview...

Props!

Palfish - Pop-ups!