The Basics of TPR

TPR or Total Physical Response - was a whole new concept to me when I started teaching online.


It basically means using your hands, facial expressions and gestures to get your point across. That may seem like a simple concept - but i've never been one to 'talk with my hands'. So it did take a bit of practice 😀


Here are some Basic TPR gestures to get you started...

Hello...
My name is...

Then I usually point to my name and then my mouth to say Teacher Bell...
Whats...

Your...(It's rude to point in China - an open palm is a safer option).
Name... (Drag your hands across your front like a name tag).
Then cup your ear so they know you are waiting for a response...

And there you go! You got through the first question 😂😂😂

Are you happy?...

Where do you live? 
Thinking...
Good Job and Yes...
No...
Counting/How old are you... (Start lifting fingers one at a time and counting)
Wow!/Amazed...
When they do a REALLY good job/Yay!...

You get the idea! Most words can be acted out using TPR... give it a go!


Happy Teaching x 


P.S. Every company offers a referral bonus - If you're interested in getting started and would like my help with the process drop me a line! 


Palfish referral code: 58910752 
SayABC referral code: EG63VF 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palfish - How to pass the interview...

Props!