SayABC - The dreaded homeroom combination....


What is a homeroom combination?

Well this is a relatively new phenomenon at SayABC - and it's causing a lot of heartache for long time teachers.

Let's find out why!


Basically when you are given a homeroom it has 4-6 students in it. (Mine all have 4 as I teach using the 1v4 platform).

Because of schedule changes, sickness, holidays, finance issues etc. Students may pull out of your homeroom.

Generally SayABC will try to fill the gaps with other students.

This has happened with 2/4 of my homerooms.

I only have 1 homeroom that has the same four students that I started with three months ago.

The other 2 have had students come and go but the gaps keep getting filled.

Except for 1.

It kept losing students until I was down to one! Then I got a 'Home room combination' email!

This means they've taken my one student and given them to someone else to fill a homeroom. Make's sense!

But it also means I have no classes in my first slot now!

They give you a locked slot and two classes worth of pay as compensation which is pretty generous!

The question is, will I ever get a new homeroom to replace it?

This is widely debated across SayABC circles.

I'm here living it so stay tuned! I will definitely keep you updated! For now i'll enjoy the free time 😁

Happy Teaching x


P.S. Every company offers a referral bonus - If you're interested in getting started and would like my help with the process drop me a line! 

Palfish referral code: 58910752 
SayABC referral code: EG63VF 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palfish - How to pass the interview...

Props!

Palfish - Pop-ups!